Thursday, September 16, 2010

Of Biking and My Awesome Neighbors

'The Bicycle Girl'

That's what some of my neighbors call me. When I'd not ridden for a while several of them mentioned that they'd been praying for me and had requested prayer at their small family church because, "We knew something was wrong."

Last week I met one of them in town at a car show, "This one." He said turning to my friend, "We usually see her 2 or 3 times a week." Then turning to me, "Where have you been?"

"My bike. It has a flat."

"I have an air compressor. Come by anytime when you see me working outside, and I'll blow it up for you."

I would say I was surprised, but I wasn't. They're neighbors and it was like him to offer.

"Sweet! Thank you! It's not just flat; it has a hole. I can fix it, but do you have water?" Was trying to find out if I needed to lug a bucket or just carry my patch kit...

Yesterday when I came home from work, Mom said, "There's a surprise for you in your room."

A new small sturdy air compressor with blue air tubes.

From my neighbors.

1 comment:

SharriBeth said...

Aw, that's awesome! ^_^ I have never had neighbors that were nice like that, instead ours threw beer bottles in our windshield. :P